Sunday, August 21, 2011

Oh, Sugar, Sugar. You are my candy girl and you got me wanting you. ...

I am saying sayonara to sugar.  At least for a few months. Fertility has not been my friend and Paul and I have decided to take a more homeopathic approach this moth.  Macca root, lean meat, lots of veggies, as little stress as possible and wiping out refined sugar.  I thought that this would be easy cheesy. Hell, I've been poked and prodded and infuriated for two years...dropping sugar will be nothing.  I was wrong. Boy, was I wrong. 

All day, I have been haunted by sugar plums.  Normally I am a savory kinda gal. I'll take popcorn over cake. Pretzels over ice cream. Almonds over candy. Not today, my friends...not today.

Today I would like to swim in a vat of this....

And them nom, nom, nom on these (sour patch kids)...
While sipping on an ice cold one of these...


It's only day one...I will survive. I will survive. I will survive. I'm convinced that my nagging for sugar is a classic case of wanting what you can't have.  Popcorn and a movie are in my near future.

1 comment:

  1. Erin, Surf Sweets makes organic gummies that have no refined sugar, only fruit extracts and juice and they are YUMMY. I also use Agave nectar in a lot of my "sweet" recipes and it is pretty good. I do very little sugar since my bypass because it makes me feel icky. You will get to a point where sugary things are kinda gross and taste too sweet, I promise. After the first month or two, the sweetness in random things like corn and fresh fruits will taste fantastic and delightfully sweet. As for the job, well I try to see it as a blessing in disguise. I graduated two years ago and can't find anything in my field, so I work for my hubby on his bread route. It isn't mentally hard but i do get a 5 hour workout every day and it keeps that income in our business and household. Whatever you do, you will be great at it. Keep that chin up.:) Cissy

    ReplyDelete